Sunday, July 23, 2006

Welcome to .. uh, whatever ....

To tell you the truth, I don't know what I should name this blog. I've been writing for pleasure (and, occasionally, money) for what seems like forever, but titles have always been a problem for me. I can tell in a heartbeat if a title is bad, but I don't seem to be good at coming up with catchy (or even truly descriptive) titles. So when I was setting up this blog account last night and suddenly I had to come up with a name for it ... I blanked.

Nothing clever came to mind, I'll tell you that. What with going through one major surgery and now, two IVF's in this quest for a biological child, I'm just about clevered-out. The one word that did spring to mind was "hopeful." I am, indeed, hopeful that this time it will pan out, that this time is The One. And so came forthe The Hopeful Baby Blog.

As soon as I'd committed myself to it, it seemed to me less like a slightly catchy and edgy exposition of my state of mind, than something you'd hear advertised on the Prairie Home Companion. (Gary Keillor, are you taking notes?) Powder Milk Biscuits. Bertha's Kitty Boutique. The Hopeful Baby Blog. Has that down-home ring, don't you think?

But since I'm theoretically on bed rest at the moment (during the dreaded 2ww), it's time to go get horizontal for a while. More tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home