Thursday, November 09, 2006

Just a pinch

This post will be a quickie, since I'm still having little ping-like owies from yesterday, so I think bed is still the best place for me. But I wanted to reassure anyone who tunes in that I am fine, and it looks like the babies are better than fine, and although I'm already bored out of my skull with bedrest, things in general are good.

Dr. Tex was great again, and his staff was quite nice and seemed like they knew what they were doing. And the joy of doing this at the satellite office is that we were not subjected to machine-gun-like noise from ongoing construction. We did an in-depth u/s on both babies beforehand, measuring their little heads and the contents therein, looking at their tiny little innards such as kidneys and hearts and so forth, measuring femurs, and their computer added it all up and spit out an answer: Normal, normal, normal. (Hallelujah!)

Then we did the owie part -- the actual amnios. Perhaps it is summed up best by this exchange:

Me to nurse (grumbling just a bit, after completion of both procedures): Pinch, my ass!

Startled nurse (with adorable Aussie accent): I'm sorry, did you say it pinched your ass?

Me: Um, no, sorry! I just meant that my friends who said that amnio felt like "a pinch" were obviously off their rockers. That hurt like a son-of-a-gun, if you ask me.


Or maybe I'm just a card-carrying whiner. That's possible, too.

But in any case, the deed is done and I am greatly relieved by that. Now it's all over but the waiting for results (8 to 14 days, from the various estimates I heard). Oh, yeah, that and the bedrest. Which I'm back to now. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home