Friday, March 09, 2007

I'm an aunt!

And my husband's sister is a new mommy!

In a nutshell, things went fine. SIL had her C section about 5-ish this afternoon, with absolutely no complications. Junior was born at 34 1/2 weeks, at 5 lbs 12 oz (very respectable for that age, I think!), and appears to have a fair complexion and (maybe) reddish hair. He's spending some time in the NICU but appears to be basicaly fine.

The proud parents have an Italian last name, and have chosen the name Leonardo to go with it. This is particularly appropriate since Mom teaches in the sciences at a university, and Dad works in computer stuff and is also of a scientific (and artistic) bent. Aside from the fact that I just like the name Leonardo, I'm happy that they chose a name that is a bit of a mouthful, since the names we have chosen are likewise a little out of the ordinary -- and now they have no room to make fun of us! LOL!

Whew. I was on needles all day. I'm just so relieved. And happy!

1 Comments:

Blogger niobe said...

I'm thinking about you. And always worry when you go for a few days without posting. But that's my paranoia. I'm sure everything is just fine.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home