Sunday, April 15, 2007

Why Blogger is annoying; plus caps vs. no-caps

Blogger has developed an annoying hiccup since being eaten by Google. Occasionally when I attempt a post, Blogger will just plain eat the post. No notice, just -- gulp! Also, it won't let me mark the text of my post and then save it, to guard against such happenings. This is making me think about moving to a different blogging provider (or whatever one calls these things).

So, this is more-or-less what I said just five minutes ago (eaten by Blogger):

There may be times in the near future when I will dispense with caps in some of my posts. This will be not because I have some retro longing for archie and mehitabel, but because I have a baby in one hand, and it takes two hands to deal with the Shift key and capitalize properly. I figured out that if (like much of the rest of the world) I just don't give a rat's ass whether or not I have proper spelling and punctuation, I could get down a lot more of my thoughts in pixels. And since these are some of the most important weeks of my life (to me -- not necessarily to Gentle Reader), I do want to get my thoughts down, as much as possible.

you've been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home