Thursday, March 15, 2007

Nearing the wire

This will be brief because of my access issues ... as in, leaning far enough forward to hit the keyboard! LOL! Laptop in bed is not working so well because it is just too unwieldy. Also, my fingers alternate between being numb and hurting (that delightful late-pregnancy carpal tunnel) so typing isn't a lot of fun right now.

But the end is in sight! One way or t'other ... I will be 37 weeks on Sunday. Wow. I remember when I worried about making it to 12 weeks. Thank you, God. (I mean that literally.)

We had a little scare on Monday when I saw my OB for my weekly appt. I was gritting my teeth while she rooted around, checking my cervix (ah, the joy of that little procedure!), when she said, "Oh! Your cervix has really thinned out!" Hm? Really? That brought D's and my heads up. Then she added, "I can put a finger right through there!" Oh, ick, lady. Too much info, thanks. (Sorry, I'm not really the Earth Motherish type ... I try, but that's just not me.)

In any case, she got as excited as I've ever seen Dr. S become, and said we might need to do the C section that day to keep me from going into labor. Oh, my. Well, I was more or less okay with that notion, but poor D ... I have now seen him officially turn green. Very entertaining. He did not, he said, feel that he was quite ready.

In any case, they sent us over to Labor & Delivery for me to be monitored, and I wasn't having any contractions, so they sent us home again. So this Monday we have another checkup appt -- my last! -- and the C is scheduled for the Monday following that, on March 26. But if Dr. S gets all excitable again this Monday, it could happen then. I'm torn between being sooooooooo over this pregnancy, and being scared of the C section. I mean, I'm not panicking, but I'm just not thrilled with the idea of surgery while I'm awake, thank you very much. I think I'll try and concentrate on just how over this pregnancy I am. I do love feeling the boys bounce and kick and generally raise havoc in there -- but I'm ready for them to do that out here now instead.

Wish us bonne chance!

********

Oops! And I can't believe I forgot to mention this ... SIL and baby are doing great. She is out of the hospital now and recovering from her C section, and baby Leonardo is off oxygen and generally just terrific (and incredibly adorable, with the poutiest little pink lips!) but still being quite lackadaisical about nursing. So they will keep him in the NICU until he can feed on his own. Then he's good to go!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Just delurking. I found your blog today and have just caught up on your entire journey. I was particularly interested because I am 46 and had a myomectomy last summer. My husband and I are hoping to proceed next month with donor eggs. Congratulations on reaching 37 weeks. Also congrats on the birth of your nephew. Good luck with the c-section, whenever it happens.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home